Department of Water — Compliance and Enforcement Unit
Date:Wednesday, May 2, 2012
Extract from Hansard
5239. Hon Alison Xamon to the Minister for Mental Health representing the Minister for Water
I refer to the Compliance and Enforcement Unit of the Department of Water, and I ask —
(1) How many full time equivalents are assigned to this unit?
(2) What was the dollar value of fines issued through compliance and enforcement measures in 2010–11?
(3) Was all of the money referred to in (2) received by the department?
(4) If no to (3), please advise how much money was received by the department as payment of fines?
(5) Is the money received by the department as payment for compliance and enforcement measures utilised for special purposes, taken into general revenue or used for some other purpose?
(6) How much of the anticipated increase in income from regulatory fees and fines in the 2013–14 financial year is expected to be from —
(a) fines; and
(b) from fees?
Hon HELEN MORTON replied:
(1) 2 FTEs in the unit supporting 77 FTEs statewide with compliance and enforcement responsibilities.
(2) $62 600
(4)–(5) Money is taken into general revenue.
(6) (a) Nil
(b) Subject to consideration by Government.